Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Monday, June 11, 2012

RECIPE:TURKEY {MINI} MEATLOAF AND AVOCADO

Pin It Now!
I am checking in on this hot, humid summery night down south! I hope and pray that everyone is enjoying their summer.
BOY...it's flipping hot over here...and it's ONLY JUNE! Yikes!
OH SWEET, BELOVED BEACH...how I long to see you!?!
Do you know what I am saying?!?
Speaking of the beach, the downside of actually GOING TO the beach is the whole bathing suit thing.
Ugh!
Yes, I said it! BATHING SUIT!
It's like I just said the "F" word or something, huh?
Well, in view of preparing for the dreadful bathing suit, I have been visiting the scale lately and these visits have been a total nightmare...so these visits lead to an altered grocery list and menu...which leads to this post! Time to put away the Oreos (Double-Stuff, of course) and embrace some lean eating!
This recipe is one of those "Did I just make that" moments! I loved the outcome! I really like ground turkey, but not usually in a meatloaf...but this really is awesome and only 200 calories per serving!
I hope you try it!!

2.5 lbs ground turkey
1 onion (minced fine)
1 cup bread crumbs (I actually used one whole wheat English muffin ground in food processor)
2 eggs
Seasonings: garlic powder,salt, red pepper, cracked black pepper, Cajun Power Garlic Sauce, Italian seasonings-(season to taste---I like spice!!)
I can tomato soup separated:
-1/4 can(mixed in meat mixture)
-1 tsp on top of each loaf
-The remainder to be put on top of loaves halfway through cooking
Sliced avocado
1.
Mix everything together (except Italian seasonings and the portioned tomato soup) and form 10 mini meat loaves (I like the mini meatloaves because they cook faster)
2.
On top of each loaf, put a tsp of tomato soup and sprinkle Italian seasonings on top.
3.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
4.
Add the remainder of the tomato soup on top of each loaf. This really keeps it moist and flavorful. Bake another 20-25 minutes. ...Check out all the yummy juices! No oils were used at all!
5.
Pair with avocado slices on the side if you like...and I LIKE!!
And...it's DONE! Took about an hour from start to finish.
So YUMMY! And low cal!!
Let me know how YOU like it!!!
Talk to you soon!

Linking up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!