Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A CHARGER CHANGE

Pin It Now!
I love the fact that a nice charger can be picked up from Hobby Lobby for just 1.99 in several different  colors. I just wanted something with some pattern and that looked kinda old and worn.
I started out with this
and to me..it just needed a lil something! 

So I bought a stencil from Hobby Lobby, that will actually be used again in a future project, and two shades of sliver, a darker and a lighter shade.  I stenciled the pattern, unafraid of it being a little imperfect, like I said, I want it to look old and worn...

And this is what I ended up with...ehhh...looks good BUT still didn't look "old" enough. So I mixed one part on the lighter silver and one part water and brushed it over the charger. Then I wiped it all with a soft cloth to give it kinda a white-washed affect.
LIke my toes?! haha!

Anyway...after doing this, It needed something MOOOORE! So I used the darker silver only along the outside edges and the inside circle of the charger.  I basically did the same exact thing as I did with the wash affect, just using the darker silver and I didn't mix it with water.  I put it on and wipped it off...and this is the finished product
DRUMROLL.....

I LOVE THEM! Kinda looks like old metal to me! I like that its kinda imperfect and uneven...kinda the "fail" of stenciling...This fail is fabulous to me!

Whatcha think? How have you revamped a basic boring charger??
Blogging while snuggled under a cozy blanket (in a quiet house),
<3, Nelly

Linked up at So Fabulously FlawedCRAFTY, SCRAPPY, HAPPY
The DIY Dreamer

6 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for your inspiration and keep it coming!! :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! It almost looks like "silver leaf". Awesome idea and definitely a thrifty makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an awesome idea, they turned out really pretty! Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing! I think I may need to run on out to the dollar store now ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about stenciling on my chargers for awhile now. Yours turned out so cute. I have that stencil too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!