Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DIY FABRIC ROMAN SHADE: A PINTEREST INSPIRATION

Pin It Now! Good morning! What a beautiful Tuesday it is!
I gotta say that the most frustrating thing and biggest obstacle that I have had to face in my own home would be the window treatments. They are just so stinking expensive!
Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of different ideas on cost effective ways to create window treatments. The toughest part for me, is actually deciding which idea to use.
One of my favorite treatment ideas would have to be bamboo roman shades. The only downfall to bamboo shades, is that they're not 100% private. Let's face it, when it comes to the bathroom window we definitely want privacy! Would you agree?
I was inspired by a pinterest pin from GREEN STREET BLOG and actually she followed the tutorial of John's Journal.
I cannot stress enough how easy this project is.

All you need is:


fabric


quilt binding or trim


spray adhesive


glue gun


bamboo Roman Shades.



I really wanted to save money on the fabric. I wanted it to be a high-end, sturdy fabric but do not want to spend more than needed. Let's face it, my budget is very small. So what I did is searched the discount stores such as TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Ross and found a high-end fabric curtain panel that matched perfectly and was less expensive then getting the fabric cut.

And this is what I did!!


I love how it's private but still can see the texture of the bamboo!!









THANK YOU JOHNS JOURNAL AND GREEN STREET BLOG!!!
Ok so below are my most recent 5-in-5 finds. To find out more about 5-in-5 check this post out!
They might not look like much now...but stay tuned for mooooore!!  What would you do with these finds??
(OK i KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD DO WITH THE SHOES...I AM TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER STUFF...:)
OH I HEART  THESE SHOES...
AND THESE TRINKETS...
What would you do with these 5-in-5 finds??? INSPIRATION IS A TWO-WAY STREET!!
Blogging while daydreaming of a Sonic Burger and chocolate shake
(both are not on my diet plan),
LOVE,
NELLY

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! I think this was one of the easier DIY projects with the most impact! It really transforms the room.

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!