Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

DIY SUNBURST MIRROR:WITH SPARKLES

Pin It Now!
Greetings!!!

Supplies:
Dowels or your choice size
Various sizes of rhinestones
9 inch round mirror
Spray paint
Hot glue gun
(Recently added the supplies to this post)

I discovered such a great tutorial from The Jolly James when creating my sunburst mirror for my room.

I did the very naughty blogger's thing to do and did NOT takes pics of the process...but I honestly followed this tutorial almost exactly.  The only thing I changed was that I added rhinestones randomly to give some sparkle!  I HEART SPARKLES!

It was a super fun sunburst mirror making party (say that 5 times!)  My little girl actually made one herself for her room along with my friend and crafter in crime, SARAH!

Don't we look dangerous!
(Such an old pic...when I was rockin the brown hair)

Here is the outcome!
(I actually got out of bed and made the bed for this picture...
See America...blogging makes you a neater person!!! )
And my angel's mirror!
She literally did this all by herself (except spray paint it)
NOTE: I wasn't extra careful when pressing the dowels on the back of the mirror and it actually cracked...but all I did was buy a new one and glued that baby right over the other one!

Project cost right around 10 bucks! Can't beat that!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
 Blogging with my coffee on a glorious morning,






Love, NELLY
LINKED UP






3 comments:

  1. Love how yours turned out! And those purple walls are glorious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Thanks! I adore my mirror!! And my wall color....Benjamin Moore vintage charm! It's all in the name;). Thanks for stopping by;)

      Delete
  2. Um If I am not careful... I will have sparkles all over every single thing in every room of my house. Haha I love the added bling on there. I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!