Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Friday, April 13, 2012

GLAZING FURNITURE AND CINDER BLOCK DECORATING

Pin It Now!

AFTER
BEFORE

I have these two tables that I bought for next to nothing at TJ Max a long LONG time ago!  They were great for me as-is back in the day, but now, I'm not really featuring a whole lot of black or red in my home.

If you have been reading, you will know that I have been working so hard to lighten and brighten my home and rid this space of soooo muuuuch brown.  I DO love brown, but my house has way too much of it!  It is coming along, but the biggest obstacle is my brown couch.  I love gray and white and have been struggling to add these colors to my living room because of this ginormous brown couch.

Alright...so back to the table.  I figured I would prime it then paint it gray. Once I did this, it was too gray  and looked SO BAD next to my couch so I used my favorite product, "BLACK COFFEE" MARTHA STEWART METALLIC GLAZE! (Love this stuff)



I glazed over the table with a cheapo depo 2 inch craft brush.  I glazed it going in one direction trying to create an almost "70's" laquer wood grain look.  You know the kind that looks striped but its not, its actually wood.

BUT It still needed MORE! 

DON'T YOU JUST HATE WHEN YOUR "ETA" (Estimated Time of Arrival) OF A PROJECT JUST KEEPS GETTING POSTPONED BECAUSE YOU JUST ARE NOT SATISFIED! 
That really gets me perturbed!

Tick Tock Tick Tock!

So in efforts to stop staring at this striped concoction of sorts, I mixed Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint with some of the glaze and painted only the legs of the table...and there ya have it.

It's some crazy creation that I don't really have a word for.

But it still doesn't look right!


So, I'm on the hunt for a spot in the house to land this annoyingly fabulous table before I am found with spray paint in hand!

Ding! Ding! Ding!...
(What's with me and all the noises today?)  

My Son's room would be great! His room has like a "Mod-70's-Street -Like Vibe"
 (I don't really know...just a bunch of boyish looking design stuff)


I grabbed some cinder blocks from outside to give it more of a rugged look... 

 ...and it houses a few trophies and headphones and stuff!




(Sorry for the blurry pic! Still waiting on my "good" camera to be fixed!)


He likes it!!

 I'm off to a field trip with  my lil girl!

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Nelly, it really turned out lovely, I like your use of cinder blocks. Your son looks like he's definitely enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!