Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Monday, March 26, 2012

GOODBYE BROWN: A SIDE TABLE RE-DO

Pin It Now! Monday Monday Monday!
I had such a great weekend...made a great bench for my room, worked on wedding bouquet and hair pieces for two weddings and enjoyed a wonderful sunday service and Easter Gathering at the park!  I painted faces for 4 hours and ENJOYED IT!

I AM SO WIERD!
[ I AM THINKING THE APPLE DOESN'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE...YOU WERE THINKING THAT TOO, HUH?]
Among my recent "re-dos" is this brown side table that I bought 10 years ago in desperate need for a side table...oh how this thing has seen its share of wear and tear!

I have been overwhelmed with BROWN...In a bad way!!  Brown curtains, brown walls, brown furniture, a brown leather couch, brown frames, brown accessories, brown dirt, brown floors,....ugh! I have been so desperate to rid brown from my presence I was even considering PAINTING an expensive leather couch...Whoa Nelly!!!  I havn't gotten the courage or permission from the hubby for that project!
A very informative blog from 
All Things Thrifty Home Accessories and Decor: Everything I know about Spray Paint!
has made my world of painting furniture soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Get my drift?
So this is the outcome!

(Sorry for the not-so-great picture quality...my "good" camera is under construction)

OK now lets get down to business...I need advise...the lamp on the table is a brass lamp I got at a garage sale and I like it alot...as is..but I am leaning toward painting it silver mainly because I feel it to be a "NO-NO" to mix brass, silver, copper and gold etc...Do you think that it is ok to have brass and silver mixed up?




What would you do?




Blogging while my stomach is growling and I need MORE coffee,




 Love, Nelly





2 comments:

  1. I mix everything but I like brass better than silver so I say no don't paint but I love the side table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I am leaning toward that...decisions, decisions!!! lol

      Delete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!