Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Friday, April 27, 2012

FAMILY FOCUS FRIDAY:FAMILY NIGHT IDEAS

Pin It Now!

THIS IS SO TRUE....and CERTAINLY so with my Lil Fam! 
We can certainly have some NUTTY times! 

Meet the Crew...

THE KIDDOS...
THE PARENTS!

I have no apologies for our goofiness...honestly it is one of my FAVORITE things about my family!  WE CAN BE DOWN RIGHT CUH-RAZY!!
and I love it! 
We put the "GOOF" in goofballs! 
It's so great!
The one thing that my kids will FREAK out over is a 
good ole...
down home...
super duper fun...
FAMILY NIGHT!
Straight up, they love knowing that it's a time when the whole family is focused on doing the same thing, all at the same time....something that happens quite less than often.
It warms my heart seeing this desire in their eyes! I PRAY that it remains for a 
long, long, long time...
(those of you with teenagers are probably nodding your heads right about now thinking 
"Yep, Pray!)
Yeah, I am not oblivious that their desire for family time will most likely fade as they get older, but until then, I am feeling challenged to not only build my time with the family in quantity
BUT ALSO IN QUALITY!
I found these three great ideas for Family Night Fun on Pinterest!

A SACRAMENT MEETING:
This idea is basically a time set aside once a week and including a life lesson, spiritual message, song, prayer time, fun game and activity and yummy refreshments!
 The Real Housewives of Riverton

AN OBJECT LESSON WHILE BAKING TOGETHER:
This idea was so awesome, because she used the lesson of "Confidence" and called them "Confidence Cookies".  Check out her post to get the details!
You can usually gain ANY kid's attention when cookies are involved!

FUN THEMED NIGHTS:
HOW FUN IS THAT?! I am all about themes....
Especially when it involves kid stuff because the sky is the limit 
when it comes to cool creative ideas!

Some themes could be:
  • Night at the Drive-In: Rent a projector and put up a sheet outside and sit in the car and watch the movie...of course with lots of popcorn. 
  • Dance Party: Hook up that Kinnect or Wii and "Just Dance"! We have so much fun with this one!
  • UNO Tournament: This game is suitable for nearly all school ages.  Use skittles or M&M's as the Jackpot to make it interesting.
  • Space Night:  2 Teaching Mommies has some cool fun space-y food ideas. You could end the night laying out in the yard star gazing! (This is one that we will be doing soon...for sure!)


"THE FAMILY" IS THE BUILDING BLOCK OF OUR SOCIETY!
Lets build on a firm foundation while making some AMAZING memories at the same time!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I think it is so important to have family night. My husband and I don't have any kids yet, but I practice a few things right now while it's just us that I want to practice when we do have children. One of those things is, family dinner. I try to never eat dinner in front of the tv. Try to always have dinner at the table. And spend that time together.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :)
    Your newest follower,
    Ashleigh :)

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!