Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

THANKFUL THOUGHTS: BE FILLED WITH HOPE

Pin It Now!
What is it about life that steals away our ability to be thankful? 
Am I crazy, or does it get harder and harder sometimes to look past the obstacles
and constant road blocks that interfere with what we believe is the best plan for our lives? I know personally, in my family, this has been an obstacle! Financial struggles, physical
issues, employment roadblocks, loss of loved ones...just to name a few,
 have visited us within the past 5 years!
Yesterday morning, while encouraging a friend, I realized that the one thing that I am the most thankful for lately is 
"HOPE"
...even when it is hard, when it's uncomfortable and when it is inconvenient!
Feeling like we have been "dealt a bad hand in life" is normal, 
but believing that it can or will never change is only setting this situation in stone. 
 We must always have HOPE!
The man upstairs, you know
 ..."God",
He knows all things past, present and future and he knows what our future holds and yes, not all of our futures will have our 
names in lights, 
pockets overflowing with money, 
or even a life of complete health, 
but greatness isn't about the things that we have here on Earth. Greatness is about the legacy you leave behind when you have left this Earth!
I was moved with this thought...
Even Jesus expressed hope... 
...even in his last hour! He prayed "Lord, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me!"
I mean, really, we know that Jesus knew it wasn't possible and he had embraced his fate, but he demonstrated an example for the world in that simple prayer...
ALWAYS HAVE HOPE AND BELIEVE! 
It wasn't a happy ending to his prayer. As we all know, he died, and it was brutal, but his purpose was far reaching than a momentary unanswered prayer. 
What if God the Father had answered Jesus' prayer?

That would not be a good ending for us.

When we have expressed hope and then lost it because things didn't change, examine yourself and ask God to show you what you might need to change. That's what I do! Let's face it peeps, we all need some work, eh? 
Embrace HIS will for your life...whatever that purpose is...with peace of mind and contentment...
BUT ALWAYS BE FILLED WITH HOPE, even until the end!

Praise the LORD,
for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love.
He kept me safe when my city was under attack. In panic I cried out,
“I am cut off from the LORD!”
But you heard my cry for mercy
and answered my call for help.
Psalms 31.21-22 (NLT)

My thankful thoughts;)
 WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR THIS WEEK?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for the great reminder! I'm thankful for His provision. My husband has left his job to pursue a completely different field and we're on a single income right now. The Lord has absolutely been providing for us.

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!