1. Paint the base, and
2. Recover the shade!
Doesn't seem like a difficult task at hand...or so I thought!
The hunt for Krylon Mirror-like paint was a looooong drawn out process! I went EVERYWHERE! I wasn't settling for anything else because I wanted to try this technique that I saw on Pinterest that would give it a mercury glass effect! So, I FINALLY found ONE can...8 BUCKS! Goodness!!! Not what I wanted to spend...nevertheless...it was bought...
Oh yeah, and the mercury glass effect...
Looked more like rain spots! UGH! Oh well...moving on!
This PROBLEM lamp is living on my bathroom counter for now because of the "dungeon-like" lack of light! Well, the lampshade, as is, kinda diffuses the light and really doesn't let much light through. Because of this "problem", I figured that I couldn't recover the shade because then it would be even darker.
So....I had a thought...that led to action...that led to
Use a sheer fabric around the shade's wire form! I found the PERFECT fabric...my sheer summer scarf!
So I started to cut...
This is what I had left!
YIKES! I didn't think that it was two separate pieces. After trying to figure out a way to make this work without actually buying more supplies which would make the cost of this lampshade more than simply buying a new on...
I bought a new shade for $4 at Wal-Mart!
The lamp is much better now, despite the journey to get it there...
I still want to do something cool with this little lampshade!
I'd love some feedback!
What should I do with it to make it less "plain"...
Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!