Welcome!

I am so glad you're here! I have been expecting you! I am hoping that you can find inspiration as you stroll around! If you are not a follower yet, I hope that today you choose to "Follow" DG Innovations. You can subscribe by clicking "JOIN THIS SIGHT" with GOOGLE CONNECT on the side bar and via Facebook. I am so grateful you stopped by!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WHIMSICAL VINTAGE-INSPIRED SPRNG WREATH: MADE OUT OF A "SPRING"

Pin It Now!
I know, I know...it's a little "cheesy", but I just couldn't help myself! When I deconstructed the crib mattress to make a bench, I had springs coming out of my ears and the hubs didn't appreciate all of the mattress's spare parts hanging around 
(we really lack storage for non-purposeful items). 

I bid farewell to everything except for this one lonely spring! I just couldn't part with it because I knew there would be something I could do with that baby!

So here we have it...


A SPRING WREATH made out of a SPRING!

I still giggle when I see it. It's funny to me, I don't really know why. I mean I love it and think its charming, but the idea makes me chuckle.

I amuse myself sometimes.

I am weird!

I kept mine small, but it could be any size.

So here's what I did.
I folded the spring in half then wrapped it around and wrapped the ends together.
I used a paper clip to tie the ends together. Then spray painted it white

Then I scrounged my craft supply for decor. This is what I found.

I made a little banner with a scrap piece of burlap and burnt the ends to give it an aged look 
(also stops the fraying)

Then I glued the banner to the top (the place where I tied the ends together)

Then I just glued the little rosettes, netting and ribbon right on.
I used this turquoise puff paint to write "spring" and voila!

Simple and FREE!
A re-purposed spring made a charming little spring accent.

(pun intended)

;)

Linking up!













52 Mantels
shabby creek cottage




HookingupwithHoH





Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! You're crazy smart...I never would have thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea on burning the ends of teh burlap! Such a cute spring piece now :0

    Lina@ Fancy Frugal Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetness! I featured this today!

    ReplyDelete

I ADORE comments like I adore a WHITE MOCHA HAZELNUT FRAPPACCINO and that is ALOT!!
Please leave me a note letting me know your thoughts!!!
Can't wait to hear from you!